Physical training and development of sports skills
Doris Tenedi's full-time education provides an opportunity for a broader and richer physical education program. The specific means of physical education optimise the process of physical and functional formation of students in unity with their intellectual, moral, aesthetic and labour education.
In the middle and upper-year, the physical training program includes the main athletics disciplines, team sports - volleyball, handball, basketball, football, as well as tennis and badminton. The training is aimed at fostering sustainable interest, needs and habits for physical exercises and games individually or organised. For further development of the sports skills of its students the school organises clubs for additional sports activities - swimming, football, martial arts.
Swimming at Doris Tenedi School is a compulsory program for students from preschool to seventh grade. Swimming lessons and training are held once a week throughout the school year by qualified coaches.
The winter ski school with a duration of 5 school days is held on Vitosha by qualified instructors in the presence of suitable conditions. Participants are divided into small groups according to the level of preparation. The beautiful nature, the fresh air and the varied physical activity during the ski school are an excellent means of training the children. At the end of the training, an exam is held, and a diploma for an acquired class is obtained.
The football team's training sessions are held outdoors once a week during the autumn and spring seasons.
Football is a major and preferred sport at Doris Tenedi School, practised by all students from preschool to 12th grade. The training is held both in the regular classes in physical education and sports, and in the extracurricular forms, by a teacher - a national referee in "A" group with professional qualification "football coach", a graduate of the school.
The school takes part in organised sports events - mini-football tournaments of private schools. The individual sports performances of the students in national competitions, tournaments and championships are encouraged.
The pride of the school are the students, prominent competitors in skiing, tennis, swimming, football and rhythmic gymnastics.
Our students - outstanding competitors:
- Desislava Dzhurova - national champion and winner of international awards in alpine skiing and mountain biking,
- Michael Kanev - national champion and winner of international golf awards,
- Tsvetanka Trifonova - national champion and winner of international awards in swimming and tennis,
- Silian Jeleva - national champion and winner of international awards in rhythmic gymnastics,
- Kaloyan Matliev - national champion in water polo,
- Teodor Michev - national champion in water polo,
- Roman Georgiev - national champion in water polo,
- Yulina Gancheva - winner of national and international awards in chess,
- Martin Minev - goalkeeper of the youth national football team,
- Petar Alexandrov - winner of national and international awards in taekwondo,
- Valeri Yanev - athlete from the swimming team of the National Sports Academy,
- Georgi Mihov - volleyball player from the professional team,
- Rostislav YankovandDaniel Vasev - players from teams from "A" group,
- Emilia and Deyan Vlaykovi – the youngest participants in the World Sports Dance Championships in Chisinau - Moldova. With his ranking, Deyan Vlaykov became the youngest participant in the history of the World Sports Dance Championships. Vice-champions of Bulgaria in 2015 in senior juniors. Winners in both rankings and two-time winners for the Cup of Bulgaria, which makes them absolute champions. They won over 200 medals and 80 cups from local and international competitions.
- Ivaylo Gerasimov - fencing, sabre speciality. Two-time state champion in two age groups (10 and 11-year-olds). Winner of the Bulgaria Cup for 11-year-olds in 2015. There are 5 international participations with a ranking in the eight and one in the four. Winner of 5 cups, 8 gold, 4 silver, 3 bronze medals from competitions.